The Next Big Thing in Six Sigma
According to Charles Darwin, it is important to adapt and evolve according to the requirements of the surrounding in order to survive. The six sigma program is the latest evolution that man can adapt in order to commit fewer mistakes towards their work and become more efficient to their commitment. This is what is making the six sigma program much popular in the recent times.
History of the program
The program was introduced in the 1980. Though at the time, no one could have predicted that this program could have such sort of an outcome and will be of immense importance in the future. Six sigma has evolved and created its own legacy in the different dynasties of business making the other programs falling further behind. By investing in the correct manner possible in the particular program the companies are gaining a lot more satisfied outcomes when it’s coming to dealing with the customers or the dealers in the most efficient way.
Earlier you had only Green Belt and Black Belt certifications – but over time we’ve added White belt (introductory), Yellow belt (for those who like it), Green belt (for QM programme participants/members) and Black belt (for QM programme leaders).
How Six Sigma is yielding efficient results for the businesses
- The program follows some specific paths sequentially which makes it easier for the people to understand. It indulges discipline among the people following the program and tries to make them more efficient by making their skill-set more effective.
- One of the most qualities that every business personnel should have is to make the right decisions not with certain assumptions but with the help of their analytical skills. It makes the people participating in the program efficient with the skills to adapt to decision making on the basis of analytical skills. It focuses on the decisions that will be actually based on the available facts.
- The program gives the participants a clear focus on their mind about the things that they need to achieve regarding their targets and the associated decisions that are to be taken in order to reach there for their own benefit and also for the organization.
- It focuses on the different elements of the human psychology or the background that influences a person while taking a particular decision such as culture, infrastructure etc.
- It encourages the participants to follow the path that leads to the formation of a strong leader.
It is not for everyone
One point that is to be considered for the six sigma program is that it is only based for a particular set of people who are already trained for the business organizations or related. People coming from a different set of work field will find it difficult to adapt as it enriches your skills on the management set. Also, the program more or less though is concentrated on the person is quite favorable for the organizations since they are initiating and influencing it upon the people taking it up. Learning Six Sigma can evolve your approach to work – and results in higher quality outcomes for everyone involved.
Though we all discuss about the particular efficiency of the program, a lot of business analysts are also predicting about the downfall of the program which can be at any period of time and is pretty unknown to anybody. The best part about the program is that it does not focus on the size of the company when it comes to delivering the efficient result possible.
17 Signs You Need Six Sigma
The question is not “if” you need Six Sigma – it’s “when” you need Six Sigma – and where to get yourself certified. The six sigma program is such a program that is followed by many organizations in order to influence their workers in the different set of management skills. A person participating in the program acquires different skills that make them efficient in different sectors of organization management.
This is a very popular program nowadays, as a lot of people are engaging themselves in it. The yellow belt, black belt and the green belt are the three different levels of the program that the people can enroll themselves into. The program is not as easy as it looks like and requires a lot of dedication and hard work.
Signs that you need six sigma
- You are lacking the qualities of increasing the revenue for your organization
- You want to cut cost of the unnecessary investments and looking forward to secure the investments
- You somehow lacking the qualities of efficiently running the business organization
- You want a better position at the particular organization with a better pay-scale
- You want to understand better how the manufacturing process of an organization works
- You want to become an important asset for your company
- You want to develop your quality as a leader and possess the required skills for it
- You are looking forward to have to a better relationship with the customers to earn their recognition and also have a name for you in the market. Also such customers will be loyal to you when asked for a favor in terms of your betterment.
- You want to have a better relationship with the employees which will in turn benefit you to have a better environment at the workplace
- You do not want to waste your time on making decisions that will not result in anything better for you and the organization and want to focus on the important points only
- Whenever you are having a better position at your company, you are also coming into the focus of the associated companies who will be looking forward to work with you
- You want to have minimum errors when taking a financial decision for your organization or to collaborate with a different partner firm
- You want to become much more disciplined in terms of your efficiency at your organization
- You want to set examples for others as many will look upon to you after the completion of the program
- You want to become more efficient when it comes to time management and strategizing your plans
- You want to become more efficient in achieving the required target deadlines
- You want to lessen the defect rates for your organization
This program can be a lot beneficial when coming to the fact of gaining importance and priority in the market of the individual. Companies look forward to gain access to these individuals with a healthy salary. It is always recommended to look into details about this program and see where it can lead you before getting involved into it.
How can you get six sigma certification with a tiny budget?
Six Sigma is not at all a new-fangled concept for the companies in these days. The popularity of Six Sigma is simply astounding over the past few years because the companies are using it to train their employees and are improving their business operations. So, what is a six sigma certification?
Six Sigma certification
Six Sigma is a carefully designed set of tools and techniques which is invented by Mr Bill Smith. Basically, this is a business process management method which is designed to boost up the production and operation by identifying and extirpating the existing faults of the organization. The core objective of this process is to lessen faults of an organization. Generally, the six sigma certification comes in various skill levels and they are Yellow Belt, Green Belt, Black Belt, and Master Black Belt.
Benefits of six sigma certification
The benefits of six sigma certification are unfathomable. This helps an individual to become a specialist in process improvement and also uplifts your career and skills. A company can also minimize its errors and faults with a six sigma certification.
- A company can increase its revenue by eliminating all the errors. If not identified, then these will arise poor customer satisfaction and the company will lose its business.
- Once you will get a six sigma certification, you will be able to prove that you have the required knowledge to identify the characteristics of a company’s manufacturing and business processes. You can also measure, analyse, control, and improve those factors and can uplift the profit of the organization. Now, you also have an in-depth knowledge and skills to conduct a complete review of current practices and you can understand their impact on quality performance.
- You will get better job opportunities and can make a scintillating career.
- Since you hold a six sigma certification, so you will be able to help your company comply with all the international standards and in this way, you can increase its profitability.
- Six Sigma training and certification will prepare you for leadership roles, with the advanced techniques and methodologies. Now, you will know how to cut down costs, increase revenue, and how can you improve the efficiency of the various business processes.
How to get a six sigma certification with a budget-friendly way?
The training and certification for six sigma are quite expensive. The price can vary from institute to institute and the course that you will choose for yourself. The average training costs for White, Yellow, and Orange Belts are nearly $500. A Green Belt ranges from around $1,500 for about 35 hours of online training to $3,000 for eight days of in-class training. For a Black Belt training, you can expect the cost is nearly $8,000, and $10,000 for a Master Black Belt.
There are many institutes in will get a six sigma certification if you have a tight budget.
- Skilllogic: GB self-learning is USD 215. BB self-training is USD 480.
- ASQ: MEMBERS USD 288, NON-MEMBERS USD 438, RETAKES USD 238.
- Vskills: BB self-learning is USD 215. Need to go to a physical exam centre.
- KPMG: GB self-learning is USD 383.
- Statistical Institute: GB self-learning USD 163.
- Simplilearn: BB self-learning is USD 150.
Compare with any of these – Amile Institute offers Black Belt certification of Global validity for just USD 79. Now isn’t that affordable certification?
The benefits of holding a six sigma certification will help you to reach the zenith of success. But before you go for a certification, it is recommendable to prepare some basic statistics first. Then, you can decide which learning path and which level will suit your purpose and accordingly, take a wise move towards your career.
Six Sigma (or 6S) is a methodology for process improvement and a statistical concept that seeks to define the variation inherent in any process. The overarching premise of Six Sigma is that variation in a process leads to opportunities for error; opportunities for error then lead to risks for product defects.
Product defects – in a process or a service – lead to decreased customer satisfaction. By working to reduce variation and opportunities for error, the Six Sigma method ultimately reduces process costs and increases customer satisfaction.
While applying 6S methodologies, organizations, teams, and project managers must seek to implement strategies that are based on measurement and metrics. Historically, many business leaders made decisions based on intuition or experience – however a statistical approach offers key advantages over this method.
Despite some common beliefs in various industries, 6S doesn’t remove the need for experienced leadership, and it doesn’t negate the importance of intuition in any process. Instead, it works alongside other skills, experience, and knowledge to provide a mathematical and statistical foundation for decision making. Experience might say a process isn’t working; statistics prove that to be true. Intuition might guide a project manager to believe a certain change could improve output; Six Sigma works to help organizations validate those assumptions.
Amile Institute is an international accreditation body that helps you get your certifications in place online – at your leisure. We’ve also supplied a copy of the 6S Certification Manual, for Green and Black Belt – which will be set to you when you sign up for your certification.
Get your Six Sigma Green Belt / Black Belt and Complete Premium Courseware here
We hope you have an awesome time in the world of Quality Management – it’s a unique industry with a lot of learning and depth… The main reward it brings is the statistical proof of a Job Well Done!