Basics of Six Sigma Learning, What Should you know?
Six Sigma is a data-driven methodology that provides businesses tools and techniques, which they need to enhance their business operations and process. This enhancement could be in performance improvement and reduction in process variance. Which helps to reduce defects and enhance profitability, staff morale, and product quality or service quality.
It was founded by Bill Smith, an American engineer who worked in Motorola at the time, he was the first to present it in 1986.
Therefore, Six Sigma is a term that generally used to indicate a business process is well controlled towards business needs and customer satisfaction.
Methodology of Six Sigma
There are two methodologies which is used in Six Sigma and both are composed of five section.
- DMAIC: This method is used for improving existing business processes, these letters stand for:
● D – Define the problem and the project goals.
● M- Measure the details and various aspects of the existing processes.
● A- Analyze the data and find the roots of defects in a process.
● I- Improve the processes.
● C- Control how the process is done in the future.
- DMADV: This method is used to create new process and new products and services, these letters stand for:
● D- Define the project goals.
● M- Measure critical components of the process and the product capabilities.
● A- Analyze the data and develop various best design for the process.
● D- Design and test details of the process.
● V- Verify the design by running simulations and a pilot program, and then handing over the process to client.
Types of Six Sigma
There are five type of Six Sigma which are described below:
- Six Sigma White Belt Certification:
Six Sigma White Belt training provide you fundamental comprehension of the Six Sigma outline. It involves process improvement, unpredictability, adverse effects on process performance. Basically white belt provides a summary of each team member’s unique responsibilities.
Six Sigma Yellow Belt is basic level training. It provides you some basic techniques and it also include essential indicators and a few of the underlying improvement process.
Green Belt allows you to learn how to create charts, process map and control an entire plan to guide employee to play the guided role within the organization. The Green Belt classification is typically designed for the team leader or a senior team member who works closely with the team leader.
Black Belt training enables you to conduct factorial experiments, do multiple regression, and define several types of process optimization. A black belt professional should be able to understand team dynamics and assign team member tasks based on their skills.
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification:
Master Black Belt training is high level of course. It provides a sophisticated and well-targeted approach to Six Sigma projects and statistical methodologies.
It’s a helpful certification course for anyone who manages a team or works in senior leadership. A Master Black Belt Six Sigma expert should be able to answer procedural inquiries and address any complicated technological challenges.
Advantages of Six Sigma Certification
Either you are employee or entrepreneur if you have knowledge and certification of Six Sigma, you can unlock the opportunities in your career and business. Having Six Sigma certification on your resume demonstrates your commitment to developing your business knowledge and analytical skills. Basically Six Sigma certification distinguishes you from the crowd.
Therefore, this can lead to greater job opportunities and a higher income. You can get a prosperous lifestyle.
Each Six Sigma Belt can unlock the opportunities for you.
Amile Institute – Six Sigma Certifications
AmileInstitute offers the Six Sigma Certification with affordable price. With that said you may start from anywhere (White, Yellow, Green, Black) But the master black belt is unique. Before you may participate in a master black belt program, you must hold a black belt certification from a recognized organization.
Six Sigma mythologies can make you a process oriented professional or consultant that will be celebrated lifestyle for you.