Managing Six Sigma right from data collection to final success is a long walk and indubitably, this is a daunting task for you. Here, enters Six Sigma software tools which are basically statistical interpretation tools while a small number of them are also available for data collection itself.
Types of Six Sigma Software tools
These days, the markets are thronged with a chunk of software tools which will help you incorporate Six Sigma methodologies into the various process of your business. Here, we are going to mention some of the popular Six Sigma software tools which will make more efficient your business.
- DMAIC and lean collaboration Six Sigma tool: These are basically process management tool. You can use these tools to define, measure, analyse, improve, and control processes.
- Design for Six Sigma or DFSS : This is a design tool
- Data collection tools: These tools generally feed information into the analysis tools and lessen the time spent gathering data.
- Quality improvement package: This is a quality control tool
- Programme management tools: These tools have the capacity to manage and track a company’s entire Six Sigma program.
- Production management package: This is a process simulation tool
- Project optimization and simulation: This is an analytical tool
- Testing and measurement: This is a testing and control tool
Benefits of using Six Sigma software tools
Most of the companies are using Six Sigma software tools for managing and analyzing data for various Six sigma projects. The core purpose of the tool is to assist teams in accomplishing Six Sigma projects in a hassle-free way. These tools also reduce the effort spent on six sigma projects. Let’s discuss elaborately some of the benefits of Six Sigma software tools.
Improve efficiency: The organizations usually apply Six Sigma methodology to identify and eliminate the errors or weaknesses of a process. Six Sigma software tools measure and identify those errors effectively and leaving the business processes measurably more efficient. That’s why these tools are very popular among large and medium organizations.
Better customer service: These Six Sigma software tools not only minimize human effort and improve the efficiency of a process, but they also ensure that the customers will get the better service and support. By minimizing the defects effectively, they always provide the best customer support to the end-users.
Minimize the workload: These tools also reduce the workload of the people involved in the project such as Six Sigma team members, leaders, Six Sigma champions, Black Belts and Black Belts. They also complement the existing skills of Six Sigma professionals.
Make your employees happy: If your staff are not satisfied, then this will affect the prospect of your business. Suppose your employees need to spend more time on a project with inefficient process, then this will increase their workload as well as their frustration levels. Eliminating the processes which are causing this frustration, these tools improve the morale of your staff and also give them a healthy and contented work environment.
Hope, this article will give you the sufficient knowledge of Six Sigma Software tools and their importance in your business.